|Posted on February 21, 2018 at 5:55 PM|
Most people rarely shop for DJ Services so here's some sage advice:
You KNOW you want an evening of exceptional music from start to finish because it's the key ingredient of 'Feel Good' enjoyment shared by all your guests every moment. Music is THE inclusive aural glue which reaches across generations and touches all attending from young to old from the ceremony to the last dance. So will the DJ deliver a great evening of songs and how much are you willing to pay for those services?
1st: Check the Market values for what reputable professionals charge. . .
2. Determine what your budget can allow.
3. Vet your vendors and get a 'vibe' on them over the phone. If they seem like a good fit let the the negotiations begin!
4. Different DJ services have 'minimum' starting prices and hours they just won't go below ranging up to deluxe packages.
5. Because some companies have set prices they prefer to offer doesn't prevent YOU from asking "Is there any wiggle room on your fees?
6. If they say: No.. then determine if you can or can't afford them . . . if they say 'Yes' then both of you can workout a fee agreement you BOTH will be happy to settle on.
7. When both parties are happy that's a good basis for laying the groundwork for a positive outcome.
8. If you think 'Alexa' and a rented speaker system can deliver a memorable evening of music . . . prepare for a ho hum, below average result. Period. Neglecting the music atmosphere for your big day is like serving a wedding cake without frosting.
9. Remember. Like any professional service, All Djs are NOT created equally.
Sincerely, Portland Dj Dan - 2 Time Winner 'Best Dj Award'